Nuts & Bolts
I'm not sure what to call this post - and it might be a new feature here at Dispatches. I'm not much of a cool linker - some might say I'm not much of a blogger that way. But I run across a heckuva lotta stuff during my daytime hours and increasingly I deal with advertising - so you're stuck with this kind of "nuts and bolts" link fest.
- Greatest headline of today: "Quiznos ditches its delightful spokesrats for an insipid talking man-baby." [Slate.com]
- Adam West's homepage. Okay he's mayor of Quahog, but really come on. Does the word poor man's Shatner ring a bell?
- Jon Lovitz bartending on "Las Vegas" - "What's a sneaky peat." (Sorry)
- New Nike Soccer website. Not sure I get it but. Whatevs.
- Downright creepy SUV safety website. [ESUVEE.com]
- Both those last ones were from the excellent Ad Rants.
- Watching Jon Favreau - who flopped 4 of kind (6's) - give an oscar worthy performance using the help card to sucker some peeps into the WPT's Home Game IV. Quote: "Jon you're the source of evil in this game."
- Saw "In Good Company" this weekend. It will surely play plenty on TBS in about 3 years. And I'd watch it even when they play it back to back. No. It's not that good but I'd probably watch Scarlett Johansson read the white pages.